Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 20x40 free form pool gunite.

1. Back To Top    #1

20x40 free form pool gunite.

So we are doing a gunite pool 20x40 free form. I want a clean look that is very distinguished and beautiful. I believe simplicity is key to beauty. I want white concrete around pool. We are doing a grey color gunite. Have color changing Led Lights in shallow and deep end. Any suggestions on beauty with a fence. I like the steel , wrought iron black/ white fence. We are having steps in front. One step larger as a Suns deck. Deep end bench to get out. On diving boards any recommendations on style or a rock jump. My kids atev4,8,9 years old.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 20x40 free form pool gunite.

Share a shot of the area where the pool will go! I LOVE to help people spend their money LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

We've got about a 16'/19' x 38' Pool with a grey/blue PebbleTec finish and a color change LED (only in the deep end - there is a dark area in the shallow end). Looks great, but we can't take any credit for it. We didn't put it in, it came with the house when we bought it (covered with 2ft of snow). Surround is done in 6"x6" pavers with a fieldstone coping. There is a ton of landscaping as well, some of which causes me a great deal of work (I'm looking at YOU Crepe Myrtles!). The fence is a "bronze" Aluminum. I wish we had more decking area for seating in the shallow end because we have 3 young kids and friends with young kids, so most time is spent near/in the shallow end. We have a waterfall that we could jump off of, but we don't let anyone only because the top stones are not set and could move/wobble.

Tim

20,000 Gallon In-ground - PebbleTec pool surface
    DE Filter with Pentair Whisperflo WF-23
    Pool Season: May 1 - Sep 30; Full Sun

4. Back To Top    #4

SOLD! I would do a pool just like his! All you need is his details! WOW that is pretty!

Tim have you thought about adding more decking and shhhhhhhh cutting down your "friends" the crape murders? hehe

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    SOLD! I would do a pool just like his! All you need is his details! WOW that is pretty!

Tim have you thought about adding more decking and shhhhhhhh cutting down your "friends" the crape murders? hehe

Kim
    Thanks, aside from the clean water I can't take any credit! If only the crepe myrtles would stop dropping flowers in my pool they would be wonderful. I never gave much thought to adding to the decking. We have a huge deck overlooking the pool and tons of other projects the previous owners left us with. The house was 20yrs old and mostly original when we bought it. The pool area was the only thing they appear to have put money into. It took us 4 yrs to buy good pool furniture.... By the time we get around to any other pool projects my kids will be in college. The only thing on my list is a TV under the deck. But my wife keeps fighting me on it.
    Tim

20,000 Gallon In-ground - PebbleTec pool surface
    DE Filter with Pentair Whisperflo WF-23
    Pool Season: May 1 - Sep 30; Full Sun

6. Back To Top    #6

Ask Santa for the TV. It works every time here! LOL

Kim

7. Back To Top    #7

Does any one know the choice of paver used for this pool and is it the basket weave pattern?
    Roman Style IG 14X28, Gunite Pool and Screen Cage
    11600 gallons, 3.5 ft - 6.0 ft SWG TF100 Kit:)
    Spa with spill over, tanning ledge, swim bench
    Finish TBD, along with equipment and paver's
    Water trucked in were on well system in Florida:)

8. Back To Top    #8

I second the bronze aluminum fence.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

9. Back To Top    #9

Beautiful pool!
    Laurie - Houston, TX 12,000 gallons, Rectangular Saltwater IG Pool, Pebble, Hayward pump installed by unknown 2011, ProLogic Automation and Chlorination/Aqua Logic Wireless Remote, Hayward Tiger Shark, Taylor K-2006 (on its way) DE filter Hayward.