Your thoughts on my Pool Math and where to buy supplies please

Other than the lot number, this is the only marking on the box. The jugs themselves are completely unmarked except for the label.
The 11101 shows up on the bar code so I'm thinking B-0213 may translate to Feb (02) 2013 (13)?

I'm not going to bother testing the product, I'll just go with bleach from the grocery store I guess. Too bad, this HTH stuff is $4.00 a gallon. It would be a good deal around here if is it was full strength.

well definitely use it up. if might be reduced potency, but wouldn't think its going to go much lower than 8%. add it in and see what your levels are in 30 minutes. if 20% lower than expected, then just use 20% more next time. you can either play with the % of the bleach or pool volume in pool math to compensate.

It looks like you're paying 65% more for chlorine than you need to. For bleach, try Cash & Carry. You're currently paying $0.313/oz for chlorine by getting 10% gallons for $4.00. You can get it cheaper: $6.24 for 3 x 182 oz jugs @ 6% ($0.190/oz chlorine). On the website it looks like this is a normal price, not a special sale.

You still need to look at the date code to see if it's not too old. Look for a number that looks like 2015XXX or 15XXX. The first part is the year and the last 3 digits tell you which day of the year it was made. You'll want the "XXX" part to be 165 or higher to not get anything older than 2 months old.

If they are out of 182oz bottles, get 6 gallon cases of 6% for $9.06 ($0.197/oz chlorine).

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.