Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member - Hello!

1. Back To Top    #1

New Member - Hello!

Hello everyone! I'm so happy I stumbled upon this site.
    A little background. My husband and I bought our dream forever home, we have no intentions of ever moving, about a year and a half ago. It sits on 4.8 acres and we have plenty of space for a pool.

We have been talking about getting a pool since we bought the house and have been going back and forth on an above ground with a nice deck or in ground. We finally decided on an in-ground, but we still have some things we want to do around the house before dropping the money on it, so we've purchased an intex pool to hold us over for a while.

I've been doing a lot of reading on here and I've already ordered a tf-100 test kit and it should arrive today! This will be the first pool we've ever had to care for. I want to thank everyone for the wealth of information on here!
    22'x52" Intex Ultra Frame - 10,472 gal
    TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Member - Hello!

Welcome to TFP.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Member - Hello!

Outstanding on the test kit! The AG pool should give you some good practical experience for when you take the big "plunge" on a larger pool. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!