Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Run Times - Checking the Pulse

1. Back To Top    #1
    Avondale AZ

Pump Run Times - Checking the Pulse

Recently had Filter pump 1 hp motor replaced with a 2 speed 1hp motor. I have been adjusting the speeds and think I have it the way I need it and the way it will help lower the electric bill.
    Attached file is what I have set the run times for (summer ATT) and for the winter when temps drop. I believe the SWG is functioning at the lower speed. Chlorine level is staying at 4-5. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IG 8.4k gal, 12x24, pebble sheen, SGS3000 SWG, Triton II TR100HD sand filter, PCC2000 pop up clean, 1hp 2EZ Speed motor with Whisperflo pump for filter, 1hp Century Sq1102 motor w/whisperflo pump for clean, 3.8' pool depth, 2002 build date - Nov 2015 refurb date. Went from 12.2k gal to 8.4k gal and from plaster to pebble sheen w/abalone shell.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Pump Run Times - Checking the Pulse

Hello VA2AZ. Avondale huh? I did a few year at Luke myself. Small world. Well, you seem to have a good handle on monitoring your run times. Of course every pool is different based on some many factors (location, usage, sunlight, debris, etc). I'm guessing you've already seen this: Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time. You certainly want to ensure your pump and SWG are working harmoniously together to give you the proper FC rate, and it appears you are. I think you're doing well. Perhaps some other folks may reply to confirm. Have a good day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!