Hi. I'm new to the forum so please bear with me...
I'm considering moving some of the equipment from its present location to a location better suited. The new location is roughly 100' from the present location and at roughly the same grade. My thought is leave the in-floor distribution hub where it is now and pipe from old location to new location the following:
- Distribution hub - 2" (the feed to the heads may be 1.5"; 5 stations; 11 total heads); no other returns
- Water Feature - (to be added, two features T'd to one 2"? at most each a spill of 3'-4' to pool surface)
- Skimmer/Main Drain Combined - 2"
- Vacuum Line - (to be added. 2"?)
- Pool Drain Line - 1.5"
My initial question is whether the 100' run is doable, and if so, whether I should bump up the pipe runs to 2.5" or 3" to reduce friction loss.
Just to add a little to the mix, I'm also considering adding:
- Chemical automation
- Solar heating, roof roughly 10 ft above grade.
BTW, the pump is 3HP VS; shooting for efficiency overall (LMK if I'm materially defeating this by adding the long runs)
Hope I've provided all needed info... Thanks for your thoughts!