I have already build a normal in ground concrete pool.
Now I want to build a second one 17meters by 7meters. 1.60m deep.
Since I own a hotel not at the beach I though it would be nice to create a beach like environment.
So here is my plan and I am looking for advise from people who have done it before or had trouble with it.
Let me know.
1. The pool will be concrete in ground
2. I am planning to use large grain sand. As large as rice grains so the grains are sort of heavy and will not stick massively to feet and legs.
3. I will create a foot wash walk through basin before you can enter the pool
4. I tested the grain and they sink immediately to the bottom. So any grains entering the pool will find its way to the bottom quickly and will not make the water murky
5. The sand-grain will be washed so that any dust if gone before use.
Now comes the operational part
1. I assume that I will vacuum the grains on the bottom with the pool vacuum
2. I will need to install a pre-filter BEFORE the pump so that the sand will be 'deposited' in that filter before going to pump or main filter.
1. Will this work?
2. Is there maybe a special pump that can handle sand in the water?
3.. Does anyone have experience with this plan?
All comments are welcome