After Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains - Stubborn Yellow Walls

Hi:

I carefully and meticulously followed the thread on Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains with URL http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/2129-Ascorbic-Treatment-to-rid-Pool-of-metal-stains

One month ago after the initial use of about two pounds of Ascorbic Acid the pool looked like this:

attachment.php
June 13, 2015

One month later after using 5 qt. of Metal Sequestering Agents (2 qts. SunCoast Super Metal Treatment, 2 qts. of 'The Blue Stuff', and 1 qt of SunCoast Copper Metal Treatment), installing two Culator packs, and running the pump 24-7 backwashing almost daily the pool is once again gaining yellow walls. For the last two weeks in June I added no Cl and just used polyquat and H2O clarifier only. Since July 1, I have started adding Cl slowly and am now using just the tablets and the Cl has been meticulously kept at 1.5-1.0 while the PH has been maintained at around 7.2-7.4. Last week I added enough Soda Ash to bring up the Total Alkalinity and also added Calcium Carbonate to bring up the Calcium Hardness to normal. The walls are a dull yellow which makes the pool look greenish and not as pretty (but the grandkids use it anyway). Here is what it looks like this morning:

attachment.php
July 13, 2015

The pictures somewhat show the net effect. Right after Ascorbic Acid treatment the walls are totally white, one month later (and over $300 spent in chemicals, etc) the walls look yellowish.

Having lived with this for 29+ years, I could leave it alone. My well water has sulphur but almost no iron. My neighbor's well water has iron but almost no sulphur. Go figure. All piping is PVC. There is a sand filter on the pool. I am encouraged by the posts I read in TroubleFreePool.com that there may be some real advise out there. Thank you in advance!

-Tony-

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0600.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 105
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.