Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Storage of Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Storage of Test Kit

When I purchased my test kit from the pool store, they told me to keep it stored at room temperature. I had a buddy of mine over to check levels while I was away on vacation for a few days and I forgot to mention to him to put it back in the house; so he stored the kit in my detached garage which is not climate controlled. I assume the reason is the reagents are temperature sensitive. Do I need to buy all new reagents or will I be ok? Was in elevated temperatures 80F-90F for 4 days. I'm finally rid of the algae after my filter crapped out and needed replaced and I really want to get dialed in on balancing but dont want to waste my time if this kit is ruined.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Storage of Test Kit

It's likely just fine. If you have any doubt running new tests, toss and reorder a set of replacements. It's not worth the risk.

Welcome to the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Storage of Test Kit

See the Taylor article on Recognizing a Compromised Reagent.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"