Any methods to conserve drop tests?

Spades

Oct 3, 2014
Riverside, CA
Since this is a semi-lifetime hobby, one would /should try to find ways to conserve with the testings. I have an HTH 6-way drop test kit, and i was wondering... If im to fill the container 5 "squares" high and then add 5 drops, couldnt I fill to say, 3 drops high and add 3 drops and get the same result? Or better yet, if I needed to test for a higher chlorine sample, couldnt I fill it up to the 4th square and then add only 2 drops, get the reading and double the tested value? Example -- if it read "3" i would call it a "6" since i put only half the requried amount?

Altering tests like that usually ends up being penny wise and dollar foolish. While some test MAY work out like that, sometime there are things not seen going on - like a chlorine neutralizer being in the solution. You don't know its there and working, but it is. If you reduce the drops yo may mess the test up.

It is always better to just follow the directions of the test being used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.