Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thank you!

I just wanted to say thanks for all the great information and help on this forum. Our little easy-set pool was green and murky. I read through all of the sticky posts, got a K-2006 kit, bleach and Borax, and began a SLAM yesterday. This morning, all the green is already gone. I'll be retesting my FC throughout the day to make sure we stay at shock levels and my sand filter is running 24/7.

I really appreciate the information here. I thought we were going to have drain and start over, but I think we're on our way back to clear water.
    15' x 36" EasySet Pool
    Intex Sand Filter Pump SF70110

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Thank you!

Welcome to TFP! It is always nice to see a newcomer who has done the reading and already started the SLAM with the proper kit. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Yay! And, I totally agree with you. It is SO nice to have this site with all of the fabulous information. I "broke up" with the pool store about a month ago and I've never looked back. My pool has gone from constant algae breakouts and continual cloudy water to beautiful and sparkly clear for a month straight! It is so nice to just ENJOY the pool rather than constantly dump this chemical and that chemical in while the kids sadly stood around unable to swim...
    6,000 gallon ~ AG Intex round vinyl pool ~ 16x48 ~ with a Hayward cartridge filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

It is nice to be in control of our pools...instead of letting misinformation be our guide!
    39YO 13K gallon former SWAMP/MONEY PIT, concrete bottom/Fiberglass Walls, Ecotech VS pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Dolphin DX5 Plus, Loop-Loc safety cover and YES, I have a TFT-100 test kit!

Shock Level and Maintain - CL/CYA Chart

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats! you've made an excellent decision to take control of your pool! Welcome!
    26,000 IG, pebble tec, flagstone, pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter & VS+SVRS 3hp multi-speed pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Booster Cleaner, spillover spa, waterfall, Taylor K-2006 testkit
    [It is better to know how to learn, than to know. - Dr. Seuss[/I]

7. Back To Top    #7

Still SLAMing. We're still a touch cloudy, but our overnight FC loss is decreasing.

One question, should I be worried about pH right now? I got it up to 7.8 before beginning the SLAM, but it's been a few days now.
    15' x 36" EasySet Pool

8. Back To Top    #8

Hi Michelle,
    welocme to TFP, and congratulations on taking control of your pool.

The pH should actually be lowered to 7.2 at the start of the slam.
    Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Hi Michelle,
    welocme to TFP, and congratulations on taking control of your pool.

The pH should actually be lowered to 7.2 at the start of the slam.
    Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    Before beginning, my pH was at 7.0, so I raised it. Missed the part about max 7.5. Could that be extending the process?
    15' x 36" EasySet Pool

10. Back To Top    #10

It's okay Michelle. As long as it was good when you started, don't worry. We don't check the PH once you start the SLAM because the increased FC levels mess with the readings.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!