Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi Y'all!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Space Coast, Florida

Hi Y'all!!!

Hi, I'm glad I came across this board. Looking forward to getting some good advice on my pool.
    14,000 Gallon In-Ground Pool, Built in 60's to 70's was left to sit unused for a long time recently reconditioned, late 2014, by who I don't know. Seems to be stable, minor cracks appearing on deck, probably were there before and painted over. Cartridge Filter 150.
    Over spent on home with pool on a canal on the Banana River in Florida's Space Coast.
    Looking for advice on how maintain / upgrade on the cheap.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Hi Y'all!!!

Welcome to TFP!!

Understand you have fallen in with a group of outliers.... The pool industry does not like our methods because they tend to keep the pool sparkly clear and no money going into the hands of the pool store owners for magic potions. We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit.

If you don't already have one, order a TF100 test kit. That will probably give you what you need for a couple of years normal use.

The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want. Even then it is a little short on the reagent & powder for the FAS/DPD test.

I also have the SpeedStir and Sample Sizer. They speed testing and accuracy.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Hi Y'all!!!

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!