Greetings from the Fox Valley Area of Wisconsin!

Jsch96

Jul 6, 2015
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all! First I wanna thank you guys for all the helpful info on these forums. I definitely have benefited from many of the topics here. I am a new renter as well as pool owner (I'm young but pools and the maintenance behind them are cool). I splurged and bought myself a 12'x30" ring pool from walmart to cool down in during the summer and I'm so glad I did. It's a great starter pool! Next season hopefully I'll have a new home and I'll get a bigger above ground pool. For now though it works. As of now my chemistry follows as: Temp 83°F PH 7.5 FC 2-3ppm TC 2-3ppm CC 0 Alk 140ppm Hardness 100 CYA<30 (just moved from liquid chlorine to trichlor for the time being until the CYA comes up). From what I've read, everything is pretty balanced? Below are after and before photos of the pool and yard around it. Pretty basic, but in my neighborhood it's pretty luxurious. You can see I ditched the little summer escapes filter and upgraded to an intex 637r and added a little surface skimmer. It workes quite nice! Anyways I look forward to this forum and everything you all have to offer for many years to come! I'm also glad I found you first vs. Allied Pool (local pool co. and from what I read here they are nothing but trouble).
~ Josh

I got dizzy from the aerial photos. :) It's good you have a pool in which to learn from. It will help you later should you upgrade to a larger one later. Great experience. Just keep the Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart close by so that you always meet or slightly exceed your target FC level based on the current CYA. That's extremely important. The only other thing more important than that is the proper test kit. TFTestkits.net.

Also, since your pool is less than 3,000 gallons, you might find this page valuable: Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools.

Welcome to TFP Josh.