Where to buy pumping station pipes and fittings?

New2water

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
Stockton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have some leaks in the pipes between my pump and Pentair Clean and Clear filter housing that is beyond repair and needs to be replaced. I cannot readily find the materials (pipes, fittings) at any local store and am wondering where can I order these parts. Attached please find photos of the plumbing in question from 3 different angles. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I assume the pump fitting is screwed and not glues in the pump body and I don't have to replace the pump.

Attachments

• Plumbing 1.jpg
    Plumbing 1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 50
  • Plumbing 3.jpg
    Plumbing 3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 51
  • plumbing 2.jpg
    plumbing 2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 51
It is all just sch 40 PVC pipe and fittings. I would be shocked if any hardware store did not have them.
Although the unions at the filter might need to come from Pentair as they may be proprietary threads.

Yikes! That's a mess. Common items except for that half-union at the filter which is easily ordered.

Do you know what the threaded female reducer coming from the top of your filter gets hooked up to?

Yikes! That's a mess. Common items except for that half-union at the filter which is easily ordered.

Do you know what the threaded female reducer coming from the top of your filter gets hooked up to?

Where to find the part number for the half-union? I couldn't locate it at Pentair Clean and Clear Plus web site.

Please excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure I understand which female reducer you're inquiring about. There are two connections to the filter body, the top is intake coming from the pump and the bottom goes to something called Pool Frog Cycler and from there to the gas heater and onto the hot tub & pool. (picture attached).

Attachments

• Plumbing_6.jpg
    Plumbing_6.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 41
The union part numbers are in the manual toward the back in the parts diagram. If you don't have the manual they are available online on Pentair's website.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.