Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to buy pumping station pipes and fittings?

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to buy pumping station pipes and fittings?

I have some leaks in the pipes between my pump and Pentair Clean and Clear filter housing that is beyond repair and needs to be replaced. I cannot readily find the materials (pipes, fittings) at any local store and am wondering where can I order these parts. Attached please find photos of the plumbing in question from 3 different angles. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    I assume the pump fitting is screwed and not glues in the pump body and I don't have to replace the pump.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18K gal in ground, Plaster, three 1 HP WhisperFlo WFE-4 pumps (Pool, Hot Tub, Waterfall), 320 sq ft cartridge filters, MiniMax Plus HP 400 heater, TF-100 test kit, Kreepy Krauly Classic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to buy pumping station pipes and fittings?

It is all just sch 40 PVC pipe and fittings. I would be shocked if any hardware store did not have them.
    Although the unions at the filter might need to come from Pentair as they may be proprietary threads.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Yikes! That's a mess. Common items except for that half-union at the filter which is easily ordered.

Do you know what the threaded female reducer coming from the top of your filter gets hooked up to?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh View Post
    Yikes! That's a mess. Common items except for that half-union at the filter which is easily ordered.

Do you know what the threaded female reducer coming from the top of your filter gets hooked up to?
    Where to find the part number for the half-union? I couldn't locate it at Pentair Clean and Clear Plus web site.

Please excuse my ignorance but I'm not sure I understand which female reducer you're inquiring about. There are two connections to the filter body, the top is intake coming from the pump and the bottom goes to something called Pool Frog Cycler and from there to the gas heater and onto the hot tub & pool. (picture attached).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18K gal in ground, Plaster, three 1 HP WhisperFlo WFE-4 pumps (Pool, Hot Tub, Waterfall), 320 sq ft cartridge filters, MiniMax Plus HP 400 heater, TF-100 test kit, Kreepy Krauly Classic cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

The union part numbers are in the manual toward the back in the parts diagram. If you don't have the manual they are available online on Pentair's website.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

This has been very helpful. Thank you all.