Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's the best filter cartridge for Pentair Clean and Clear Plus?

1. Back To Top    #1

What's the best filter cartridge for Pentair Clean and Clear Plus?

I have the Pentair Clean and Clear Plus filter system with four filter cartridges. I've attached picture of the original Pentair filter cartridge (four part numbers on it, don't know which one to use) which was replaced by a set of Unicel C7470 cartridges. These lasted about 2 years. It's time to replace them and I need expert advice whether I should go back to Pentair cartridges or buy the after market products and if so, which brand.
    Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18K gal in ground, Plaster, three 1 HP WhisperFlo WFE-4 pumps (Pool, Hot Tub, Waterfall), 320 sq ft cartridge filters, MiniMax Plus HP 400 heater, TF-100 test kit, Kreepy Krauly Classic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: What's the best filter cartridge for Pentair Clean and Clear Plus?

I have the original filters (and have not yet used them) but I think I will go with these as replacements, almost everyone loves them and 126 bucks for all 4..

Amazon.com : pleatco PCC80-PAK4 Replacement Cartridge for Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320, Pack of 4 Cartridges : Swimming Pool Cartridge Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

I have Pleatco filters in my Pentair CC. I like them better. They clog less, more slowly and seem easier to clean. Water flow is better longer than the original Pentair. I just ordered a second set so I can swap out only Pleatcos and skip the Pentairs altogether.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you. Just placed my order.
    18K gal in ground, Plaster, three 1 HP WhisperFlo WFE-4 pumps (Pool, Hot Tub, Waterfall), 320 sq ft cartridge filters, MiniMax Plus HP 400 heater, TF-100 test kit, Kreepy Krauly Classic cleaner