New pool owner here. I have the following setup:
Hayward Pro Grid 48" DE Filter
2HP Hayward Pump w AO Smith Motor (Century Centurion)
Recently, my pool filter pressure regulator is reading 30 psi after about 4-5 hours of use. Upon initial startup, I have pressure reading about 20 psi, which according to my local pool store, is about correct. At 30 psi, my pool vacuum stops working due to the high pressure.
I've checked and done the following:
1) Disassembled grids and cleaned them to make sure that is not the problem.
2) Added the correct amount of DE per the manufacturers instructions.
3) Replaced all seals on the pool pump and the plastic assembly which houses the grids.
4) Checked my vacuum hoses to make sure there are no restriction or diaphram issues. Additionally, I've ran the pool pump and experienced the same issues when disconnecting the vacuum hose.
5) Cleaned all baskets in the pool pump and skimmer.
6) Do not appear to have any physical obstructions in the return or supply lines.
7) After reading 30 psi, if I turn the pool pump off, then turn back on, it will operate at about 20 psi for a short period of time before going back to 30 psi.
What else would cause an increase in pressure if everything else is operating correctly? Any suggestions on what else to check?
Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.