Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: polaris 280 wheels dont move

1. Back To Top    #1

polaris 280 wheels dont move

My Polaris 280 has strong pressure going to the cleaner but it moves slowly and I checked the rpms but my wheels don't move at all. Any solutions?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: polaris 280 wheels dont move

Just following, as I have same problem. Small spring under the center wheel is broken on mine. Just wondering if that is the cause.
    About 23,200 gal vinyl in ground, "stop sign" shaped 22x22, Polaris 3900 cleaner, Hayward Aqua Plus Pro Logic Controller, Hayward T-15 SWG cell, Hayward S244T sand filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

sometimes you get debris stick in the jet that spins the paddle wheel which drives the wheels, so you may have to dismantle the cleaner some to get to this jet.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

4. Back To Top    #4

Took mine in to the local pool store. Stripped gears inside, wheels worn, bearings shot. got new Max Trax wheels, swing arm kit, 6 new bearings. $120 climbs the walls as advertised now!! Cheaper than a new cleaner.
    About 23,200 gal vinyl in ground, "stop sign" shaped 22x22, Polaris 3900 cleaner, Hayward Aqua Plus Pro Logic Controller, Hayward T-15 SWG cell, Hayward S244T sand filter.