Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquapure with aqualink

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquapure with aqualink

I see the model plc1400 but it doesn't appear to have the module for chlorine control? Do I need the apure1400 even though I already have aqualink iq900-rs?
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquapure with aqualink

The IQ900-RS is just an upgrade module for the aqualink automation part of the system. It doesn't have the electronics that interface directly with the salt cell. In order to make chlorine you need the swcg part (Aquapure1400).
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aquapure with aqualink

the problem is the aquapure has two part numbers. plc1400 which is the cell and power cables, and apure1400 which i believe is the controller and salt cell and cables. i was hoping just the plc1400 would work directly with the aqualink but it seems i need to purchase the whole control system apure1400. apurem is the controller only, but again waste of money in my situation.

anyone tried breeze 540 on a 13k pool?
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.