Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slightly cloudy water

1. Back To Top    #1
    Eastanollee GA

Slightly cloudy water

Ok. Had perfect levels. Crystal clear water. But we had to drain and refill the pool due to a non-water issue and refill. (City water). Now, I can't seem to get the water quite right. It's slightly, very slightly, cloudy. Here are my latest test results from today.

FC 7 (targeting for 6)
    CC less than .5. Water only had the very, very slightest pink tinge when adding reagent.
    TA 70-80
    PH 7.2 (can't seem to get that up)
    CYA 80
    Salt 3500. (I added recommended amount of salt for target of 3200)
    CH 50
    Copper ion 0

Thoughts? Filter pump has been running continuously for past week to dissolve and circulate everything. Filter changed twice this week.
    Northeast Georgia Pro Series above ground circular metal frame set pool 22' x 52". 11,400 gal capacity. w/ Skimmer plus 2000 pump/filter. Cartridge filter (Type C)
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Slightly cloudy water

Well, that is pretty annoying! It has been a week? Usually tap water clears up in a week. Your numbers are great. Ph is fine between 7.2 and 7.8. The only idea I have is to hold your chlorine a little higher to see if that helps. Maybe 9 or 10 so you can still test PH.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach