www.poolbids.com

mpride

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2008
Sugar Land Texas
I'm looking for a reputable pool builder in the Houston area and ran across this site. They are suppose to obtain bids for you and allow you to make a decision. They recieve money from the bulder. However, they are suppose to only work with builders that maintain good standing with the BBB and the governmental agencies that may have jurisdiction in the area.

Does anyone have any experience with either good or bad?

http://www.poolbids.com

My first thought is that most of the best pool companies do not need this type of sales lead. The best companies deal mostly in referrals.

Second, in any type of 'bid' situation you're going to get cut corners in construction practices, plumbing, equipment etc ('to code' doesn't mean the pool will last as long as it should or operate as easily or efficiently as it should). Companies that tend to cut costs and/or compete strictly on price tend to have low margins. In this economy, low margins often mean that there is no money left to stand by their product or offer warranties.

Follow the procedures listed on this site for selecting a contractor, find someone you're comfortable with and go on from there.

I agree with Waterworks. This service doesn't have much value in TX since there isn't any licensing for pool builders. That's also why you want to start with referrals from friends/neighbors and then go from there.

Be particularly cautious with who you choose and the financial terms you agree to as many pool builders are in bad financial shape right now and you don't want them to fold with your money while in process of building.

I think that's sound advice. I was just curious if anyone had used the service. I believe we may have already chosen the pool builder we want ti use. However, we will be talking with a couple more companies.

Thanks for the thoughts on this. I'm sure I'll be using the forum a lot once we have the pool built.

I actually usd them and got 3 bids from builders. First guy was so-so second I really liked and 3 was not as good as #2. I went with #2 and he was excellent! See-Blue pools of Montgomery. He drew out the plan on the spot and was very personable. I had a bid before he left. He provided references and we looked at several finished and under construction projects, as well as calling several references. I have no complaints about Jerry at Sea-Blue. I've had a Color logic light go out and my Phantom cleaner repaired. He always takes his calls and the problem is fixed within a week. Please let me know if I can help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.