My CYA level has been at about 140 since this spring. So I started to let the chlorine drop from about 8 to 3. At the same time I was adding about 8 oz. of polyquat every other day to fend off algae. When chlorine got to 3, I put in the BioActive. I've kept the chlorine between 2.8 and 4, alkalinity at about 120. Ph at 7.4. It's been 4 days since adding the BioActive and am still at 140. I've been using liquid chlorine to maintain the chlorine levels so I am not adding any CYA. I believe I heard that the first 72 hours was when I'd see the most noticeable drop. This did not happen. Being able to use pucks when on vacation is a big deal for us, but we'll just need to drain.
So so ill be bringing chlorine back up and do some partial drains. I'm on a well with iron, so was hoping this would work, and trucking in water is more than I care to spend (it would be close to $750 for replacing half the water). Using sequester and Culator now as metal maintenance and will continue to do so. No algae bloom so at least that part is good.
I hope others have better luck.