Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water fall won't turn off

1. Back To Top    #1

Oro Valley, AZ

Water fall won't turn off

We have a Pentair Easy Touch control box with a remote control. We also have a bubbler/water feature that we can turn on and off by either using our remote or by pushing the "aux 2" button on our control panel. This Morning I turned on the fountain so that I could add my chemicals (the fountain mixes in my chemicals). When I went to turn it off, I discovered it won't turn off using the remote or the manual button on the box. The light next to "aux 2" goes on and off, but the fountain/bubbler stays on. The only way I can get it to turn off is to completely turn off the pump. I flipped the breakers. The remote will turn on the pump and everything else. It's just the fountain that I can't get to turn off. I think while the fountain is on, the in ground floor cleaners are off. Anyone have any ideas what happened? Thank you in advance!!

17, 044 gallon in ground pebble tec pool/Pentair Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter/Q 360 in floor cleaning system with 15 heads/Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed pump: 3.2 kw 16 amp/constructed in June 2014

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Water fall won't turn off

Sounds like the motor that turns the valve failed or the wire is loose, cut or shorted.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Wildomar, California

Every circuit on the Pentair systems has a relay that shuts on and off. They're easy to replace and not too pricey. They plug into the main board so they can be easily diagnosed.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sacramento, CA

I too would bet on a bad relay rather than a problem with the valve actuator.

To test go to the valve that controls the waterfall. On the bottom should be a three way switch. Flip it completely opposite of its current setting. The valve should turn and the waterfall shut off. That means the problem is the relay not the valve actuator motor. If nothing happens then its still an open question.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall