How to remove and replace Hayward CCX1000V Air Relief Valve?

Jul 12, 2015
College Station
Hello all, I'm new here with a question as my first post. We have a new pool and I am looking forward to doing my own maintenance, and hopefully helping out others in the future.

The Hayward Air Relief Valve (CCX1000V) on my cartridge filter is leaking. Does anyone know how to replace it? More specifically, do I need to remove the entire Air Relief ASSEMBLY from the filter housing, and then remove the valve from the assembly, or can I just unscrew the valve itself? Given it's all plastic, I don't want to chance breaking anything. Thanks for any advice.

TXSimple

Hello TXSimple! From the looks of this image: Hayward CCX1000V Manual Air Relief Valve, it would appear the entire valve should be able to be unscrewed/removed. You can shop at local pool stores to obtain a replacement O-ring which may resolve your issue unless you believe replacing the entire valve is required. I suspect if you order a new valve it should also come with its own O-ring.

By the way, welcome to TFP! :wave: glad to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.