Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to remove and replace Hayward CCX1000V Air Relief Valve?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to remove and replace Hayward CCX1000V Air Relief Valve?

Hello all, I'm new here with a question as my first post. We have a new pool and I am looking forward to doing my own maintenance, and hopefully helping out others in the future.

The Hayward Air Relief Valve (CCX1000V) on my cartridge filter is leaking. Does anyone know how to replace it? More specifically, do I need to remove the entire Air Relief ASSEMBLY from the filter housing, and then remove the valve from the assembly, or can I just unscrew the valve itself? Given it's all plastic, I don't want to chance breaking anything. Thanks for any advice.

TXSimple

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to remove and replace Hayward CCX1000V Air Relief Valve?

Hello TXSimple! From the looks of this image: Hayward CCX1000V Manual Air Relief Valve, it would appear the entire valve should be able to be unscrewed/removed. You can shop at local pool stores to obtain a replacement O-ring which may resolve your issue unless you believe replacing the entire valve is required. I suspect if you order a new valve it should also come with its own O-ring.

By the way, welcome to TFP! glad to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The top tank needs to be removed to access the locking nut on the bottom. The air relief assembly parts are not available. Just the CCX1000V.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for clarifying HP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!