Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multiport Valve lid leak

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Multiport Valve lid leak

I have a pentair mulitport valve that has been leaking from the ring around the handle recently. I have replaced the spider gasket but still have some water seaping out. Do i need to replace the entire valve lid? Or is there any other option to fix it? The lid replacement are expensive over $100!?http://www.lesliespool.com/pentair-2...bly/272422.htm
    Commercial Pool Facility| Pool 35,000Gal, Pentair Inelliflo VS, Pentair Triton II 140, CircuPool SI 35 +| Indoor Spas 12,500Gal, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Triton II 100, Circupool Si 25+| Outdoor tub 10,000 Gal, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Triton II 100, Circupool Si 25+

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Multiport Valve lid leak

Did you see any cracking or other visible damage to the lid? If not, consider reinstalling same spider gasket. Be sure when tightening down the lid to tighten very evenly, each screw just a little at a time and don't over tighten either.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Got yea, I may have over tightened when i replaced gasket..Going to pull it off see if i can see any damage today.
    Commercial Pool Facility| Pool 35,000Gal, Pentair Inelliflo VS, Pentair Triton II 140, CircuPool SI 35 +| Indoor Spas 12,500Gal, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Triton II 100, Circupool Si 25+| Outdoor tub 10,000 Gal, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Triton II 100, Circupool Si 25+

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The leak isn't coming from the spider gasket if it coming out from the handle. There is an oring on the handle shaft. You'll need to compress the spring to get it back together.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

+1 what hqpools said.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

So if i take it off and compress the spring i can get to the o ring in the handle shaft to replace it? It is weird now that I replaced the spider gasket I get some leaking from the handle on start up then it generally stops after running.