16x36x52" to cheat on leveling...

Jul 6, 2015
KS
After lots of reading on here and world war three of not getting a wal-mart pool, I need some input....I live in Lawrence, KS and I DO NOT want any bob cats brought in my yard or other such equipment let alone giant piles of sand dumped in my yard. Would it be reasonable/possible to put this on a deck built on ground level by someone, or would that be just as irksome? Any other tips or anyone in the Lawrence KC area with an installer they know that is trustworthy that won't rob me to install a pool somewhere around this size. What about pricing for the installer and pool? The only pools in our area that seem very prevalent are the intex pools. Planning for setup in spring but doing whatever could be done before hand would be nice. We do have a sprinkler system but I can cap those and they are buried 32" deep so should be safe there. I'll start with that and see what I get. Thanks!

Would it be reasonable/possible to put this on a deck built on ground level by someone, or would that be just as irksome?
Either way is going to be a bit of trouble.....construction makes some mess. I wouldn't even start if I didn't have a grip on that.

If you decide on a deck, let's assume you want a decent size pool of maybe 15 x 30 or about 14,000 gallons. Times about 8.3 for a gallon of water and you will need a deck to support around 116,000 lbs. That'll take some BIG equipment to build a deck that strong.....sorta' defeating the idea.

These pools are not self leveling. As Dave said, you're going to make a mess.

We are in the throws of installation on an IG now. Realistically, you should expect to disturb/cover at least a 6 ft lane of yard from the road to the pool location and several feet outside of the "dig" area at a minimum. Often sprinkler systems need to be re-configured after a build anyway, but I doubt the bobcats will damage buried lines just by driving over the area. It is a mess, but its worth it; at least that is what I am telling myself as I look out at a 7 ft mound of dirt in my backyard! ;)

Let's say I got a sod cutter and got that mess cleaned up and started and then started lowering the higher areas to the lowest point by hand. Would it be worth setting a concrete form or any solid type base so I could put the tarp over that and not have to worry about anything on the bottom of the liner, or would a sand bottom work better? Soul here has a high pH and is only about 6"-12" before you hit clay. And with the amount of rain we get, which I have completely draining away from this area, the ground​is never completely dried out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.