Automatic cleaner

Apr 13, 2013
I have an intex 18' x 52" ultra frame. And I am not a lazy person, i just hate vacuuming. Does anyone have or know of an automatic cleaner that works for intex pools. I have heard the aquabug. But i am looking for personal reviews and experiences from everyone here.

Thanks in advance
Justin

We have Wanda the Whale, which is basically the same as the aquabug. I put her in for a couple of hours every Saturday morning and she does a great job. Really depends on your pump size though. We have a 22' round Intex, with the 2650 gph pump and sand filter.

Diana

I have a Diver Dave (same as Wanda the whale). +1 to Grannydi that you need enough pump to run it.
Study a bit on pumps and you will find that the better the pump filtration system the happier you will be.

I have a Blue Diamond. Inherited it with the pool. Works OK, not without negative points but does get the pool cleaned.
Corners are difficult, also taking it out is a bit untidy - some of the debris gets spilled back.
I am sure there are better choices but not sure as to price/performance ratio.

I have the aqua bug and like her fine. I did purchase a leaf catcher which helps as we have a few trees that like to donate to the pool. It is a must to have a good filter and be sure that as you see your bug slow down that might be an indicator of either a air leak (you didn't get the hose connected well enough), need for a backwash OR there is a lot of stuff in the leaf catcher.

I was going to ask the same question this morning - I have a 1500gph filter. Is that enough to run the whale/diver cleaner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.