Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic cleaner

I have an intex 18' x 52" ultra frame. And I am not a lazy person, i just hate vacuuming. Does anyone have or know of an automatic cleaner that works for intex pools. I have heard the aquabug. But i am looking for personal reviews and experiences from everyone here.

Thanks in advance

2. Back To Top    #2

Fountain Hills, AZ

Re: Automatic cleaner

We have Wanda the Whale, which is basically the same as the aquabug. I put her in for a couple of hours every Saturday morning and she does a great job. Really depends on your pump size though. We have a 22' round Intex, with the 2650 gph pump and sand filter.

Intex AG 22' x 52" Ultra frame, Intex 2650 pump, sand filter and SWG
    Hayward in-wall skimmer, Wanda the Whale, center fountain, Intex magnetic light

Huge 16 x 32 Intex ultra frame in the box. Bought last year at the end of the season
    but life got in the way and we never set it up this year. :)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Midland TX

I have a Diver Dave (same as Wanda the whale). +1 to Grannydi that you need enough pump to run it.
    Study a bit on pumps and you will find that the better the pump filtration system the happier you will be.
    7200 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 3 Grandaughters swimming every week.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Birmingham, Alabama

I use an Aquabot Pool Rover Jr in my 20' Ultra Frame and it works great.
    Intex Ultra Frame 20'x52" pool (10,600 gallons); Sand filter (Model SF80110); Krystal Clear SWG (Model CS8110); AquaBot PoolRover Jr. Pool Cleaner; TF-100 Test Kit with SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5
    Jackson, NJ

I have a Blue Diamond. Inherited it with the pool. Works OK, not without negative points but does get the pool cleaned.
    Corners are difficult, also taking it out is a bit untidy - some of the debris gets spilled back.
    I am sure there are better choices but not sure as to price/performance ratio.
    Seasonal World rectangular pool, 27K gallons (data sheet), 25.3K calculated
    Jandy Stealth JHPU 2.0 PUMP, 2HP
    Jandy CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair C320 inline chlorinator
    AquaComfort heatpump heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Augusta, Kansas

I have the aqua bug and like her fine. I did purchase a leaf catcher which helps as we have a few trees that like to donate to the pool. It is a must to have a good filter and be sure that as you see your bug slow down that might be an indicator of either a air leak (you didn't get the hose connected well enough), need for a backwash OR there is a lot of stuff in the leaf catcher.

15,000 salty gallons - 32' x 16' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex Sand Filter, Pump, SWG - TF-100 and speed stir

7. Back To Top    #7
    Concord, CA

I was going to ask the same question this morning - I have a 1500gph filter. Is that enough to run the whale/diver cleaner?
    18' x 48" Intex ultra frame, above ground. Filter with add on SWG