Pool Loungers that will hold up...

Sep 1, 2014
Murphy, TX
We are going through the inflatable rafts and loungers like we're going through socks over here! We have a few that have lasted a little bit longer, once we designated them as "Mommy-Only" or "Daddy-Only" rafts - NO kids allowed to touch them, look at them, or even walk by them!!! Even with that rule, they aren't lasting long.

I bought a couple of the smaller foam items including these two things:

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/poolsaddleblue.cfm

And ONE of these (this is the link to a package of them, but we only purchased one from the pool store):

Vinyl Kick Board | Wayfair

My intention in buying a few of these smaller items was to see how they would hold up before taking the plunge ;) and buying one of the very expensive pool loungers. So far these two items have held up very, very well. I use the pool saddle to sit on when I'm on my tanning ledge, and I use the "handle" part to lean against the stone, and I assumed that would tear it very quickly. It has not been compromised in any way. I let my kids use them and "torture" them because I am intentionally testing the material's ability to hold up. So far, they are still in like-new condition.

I'm now in a place where I actually NEED a pool lounger. I fractured my tibia, and while I'm not in a cast and brace, the only way I can use my pool is to sit on the tanning ledge or float in a lounger. Well, my "expensive" lounger just got a hole in it. I repaired it, but I know from experience it will not hold up.

I am looking at these two loungers:

This one is my first choice: Extra-Large Adjustable Pool Chaise - Frontgate
-According to the reviews, this one holds up better than the other one I found on the market. Additionally, it claims to have "Sturdy, rustproof steel frame is covered in thick layers of ultra buoyant closed-cell foam." They are currently offering $50 off, so it would be slightly less expensive than what is advertised, but man that seems like a lot of money for a pool lounger!!

This was the other one I was looking at: TRC Recreation Super Soft Adjustable Recliner - Overstock Shopping - The Best Prices on TRC Inflatables
This is another link to that same float with reviews: Amazon.com: Super Soft® Adjustable Recliner: Patio, Lawn Garden
-There were several things that bothered me about the reviews on this one, including after one season the metal hinges rusted on the inside and began leaking in to the pool. I understand that these shouldn't be stored in the water, and that this can probably be the cause of that rust after such a short time, but rust in the pool would not be fun! Secondly, the vinyl covering isn't holding up for even one season. Lastly (and most importantly), they have little to no back support, and you end up leaning so far back that your head is only a few inches above the water.

It's obvious which lounger I would like to buy, and DH told me that I could have whichever one I wanted so that I could still enjoy our pool. Here are my questions:

Do any of you have / own either of these loungers? If so, what did you think of them? Do you have an alternate suggestion of something that is sturdy (can't trust my fractured tibia to unsteady, flimsy float), has multiple reclining positions and won't pop after 3 uses?

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate your insight! This truly is the best resource for all things pool!

No brace? Are you walking on it? Sorry that this has happened to you. OUCH!

I have always wanted one of those but with cats..............we KNOW they would use them as scratching pads and ruin them so.....

I am trying to find the one my husband loves that I have not bought yet for this pool. I found it!!

Swimline SunChaser Padded Luxury Lounge Chair - Overton's

There are a couple of different brands. One even has a replacement cover.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.