My water is looking great, FC usage seems normal, but there is something that looks like algae accumulating on the bottom of the pool. Unfortunately, when it came up I was going out of town for 2 weeks and had only two days to try and manage it. First I vacuumed out everything that looked like algae. I brought the pool to shock level (12) and maintained it all day. Passed the OCLT, but in the morning the algae had started to accumulate. I vacuumed again and brought it up to shock level. However I was leaving that day so I told the guy taking care of the house to add 1 gallon of bleach if he saw algae (and to brush the algae) and 0.5 gallon if there was none (which is the normal amount I use per day). I left the pump running the entire two weeks I was gone.
I came home and the pool water is still very clear, but those algae spots are still there. The pH was high at around 8, so I've dropped it down to 7.5. FC was 6 when I got home.
Do you think this is algae or something else? Any help is appreciated!