CC-0 (even after 25ml test),PH 7.6 and still burning eyes?

88rxn/a

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2011
ludlow, PA
can someone please help me with a burning eyes issue? she feels a instant burning sensation getting the pool water into her eyes. this happened last week also so i added a box of borax (a week ago) to raise PH since it was low (7.2). now today , the same problem. the water is clear with no sign of algae.
FC 4.5
CC 0 (tested 0 with 25ml test also)
PH 7.6
TA 60
CH 20
CYA 50 i know this is the low side for salt
salt 1990 (used blue bag solar salt)

There is nothing in your test results to indicate a problem. I will say that my eyes always sting just a bit when opened under water. I have always assumed that happened to everyone.

The swimming pool water is not isotonic. That means that salt concentration is not similar to tear salt content. It should be 9mg/ml (0.9%) to be perfect. This is the most probable explanation for this initial pain sensation.

Salt level is at 1990. She doesn't really go under the water. Its more when getting splashed by my daughter by accident. My daughter uses sunscreen. Could that be the issue? Or does she just have sensitive eyes?

Salt level is at 1990. She doesn't really go under the water. Its more when getting splashed by my daughter by accident. My daughter uses sunscreen. Could that be the issue? Or does she just have sensitive eyes?

If I have sunscreen on my face and either water or sweat causes it to drip to my eyes, yes......it burns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.