Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Overriding / temporarily disabling Aqualink schedules

1. Back To Top    #1

Overriding / temporarily disabling Aqualink schedules

I'm going to be adding some CYA to my pool and I understand I need to run the pump for a while to allow it to dissolve. I can turn it on manually, but every time a schedule kicks in, it will take over and lower the speed or turn off the pump before I want it to. Is there a way I can override/suspend it?

I guess I could just put it in service mode for a day if I can pick a pump speed while in service mode.
    15k gallon, IG plaster pebble surface, single speed filter pump, sand filter, Polaris 280 cleaner w/ PB40 booster, AutoPilot Nano+ w/ RC-28 cell.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Overriding / temporarily disabling Aqualink schedules

No need to run the pump 24/7'to add CYA. Put the CYA in a sock and suspend it in front of a return, or place the sock inside of a skimmer if it doesn't block the whole thing. Let the pimp run as normal.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Overriding / temporarily disabling Aqualink schedules

Well my CYA was way low so I wanted to get it dissolved as fast as possible, I thought running the pump non-stop would get it dissolved faster. I've read stuff saying don't backwash for 72 hours after adding it to give things time to dissolve. Good to know I can do the sock thing when doing regular maintenance.

And I'll let that "pimp" run as nomral if they want to as long as they leave my family alone. har har har
    15k gallon, IG plaster pebble surface, single speed filter pump, sand filter, Polaris 280 cleaner w/ PB40 booster, AutoPilot Nano+ w/ RC-28 cell.