Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand filter not sucking in the water into basket

1. Back To Top    #1

Sand filter not sucking in the water into basket

I have a sand filter and when I turn it on it doesn't suck the water out of the pool to the basket where you can usually see the water go into. So water is not being pumped into the filter! I took hose off and there doesn't seem to be a blockage in the hose
    Intex above ground---22 ft. x 52 in.---10,400 gallon with Sand Filter and Salt Water System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sand filter not sucking in the water into basket

Have you looked in the basket right in front of the pump?

Have you backwashed the filter?

Just two ideas I came up with.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Perform a backwash or filter bypass to confurm your pump is actually working.

BayScoutTim
    ---------------------------------------------------
    :: 28' round Doughboy AG (18,400 gallons) :: Hayward 1-1/2 hp Power-Flo Matrix pump :: Hayward Pro Series 21" top mount high-rate sand filter 65GPM :: Hayward Vari-Flo XL 7-way valve :: AquaBot Breeze 4WD :: TF-100 XL test kit :: SpeedStir magnetic stirrer ::

4. Back To Top    #4

Also we added a bag of salt to the pool and just realized the salt water system was on, usually we let it only filter without the system for 24 hrs. There is salt build up in the SWS that I can see. Could this be the problem or a contributing factor?
    Intex above ground---22 ft. x 52 in.---10,400 gallon with Sand Filter and Salt Water System