Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP rocks!

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP rocks!

We've had so much rain lately here in MO, that last night I was starting to drain a few inches of water out of the pool so it wouldn't overflow when the kids jumped in. I drained an inch or so out last night and was going to let some more out this morning. I go out only to find the water below the suction. When I looked further, I found that the hose between the filter and pump went bad... I have looked at many threads over the past few years that I knew people had hard piped their pumps. Without this forum, I don't know what I would have done. Yeah, I could have used some silicone to try and fix the hose, but this worked so much better IMO. Thanks again to everyone who has posted pics of their modified Intex pools!

I might add, the only thing I needed to add was a rubber gasket on the filter to get a good seal.
    --
    Keith

Intex 15' x 48" AGP (5300 gallons)
    Intex 2,100-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Central Mo

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFP rocks!

Just a note. Looks like you used a DWV fitting which are typically not pressure rated like a schedule 40 90 fitting. In this application the pressure is really not very high, so very likely you will never have a problem. Just might want to keep in mind that it would be better to use the proper fitting in the future if a problem does develop.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes it is. I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Just a note. Looks like you used a DWV fitting which are typically not pressure rated like a schedule 40 90 fitting. In this application the pressure is really not very high, so very likely you will never have a problem. Just might want to keep in mind that it would be better to use the proper fitting in the future if a problem does develop.
    --
    Keith

Intex 15' x 48" AGP (5300 gallons)
    Intex 2,100-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Central Mo

4. Back To Top    #4

PVC is just too easy to do and it doesnt cost much. Flex hoses will be trouble sooner or later with 100% guarantee it will be trouble at the wrong time.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!