New pool installed. Glad but wow so much extra work to get it right.

Aug 27, 2011
Had a previous above ground pool with deck around it. They put so much pea gravel around it. We dug that all up so it could be installed. We had a wet area in the yard and found a spring so we put in temporary trench to run it out. We have to dig a french drain around part of the pool with all the rain we are getting to much run off and some water is standing around the pool.
To make matters worse the hose come off the output and messed up part of the area. The installer looked at it and said the liner did not go under the base so we can wait until after the pool season and he will fix it. we also have to fix wood around the deck, they had to move it out a bit as the top is alot wider and sturdier. I so enjoy the pool but wow. Have found so much helpful info on here. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the good advice on here.
I guess the previous owners or installed did not do the job right. They had to know that there was a Spring in the yard.

Welcome! You have been through it for sure.

I bet they put so much gravel in due to the spring in the yard.

I would not allow the builder to wait to fix where the hose came off. That is just waiting for trouble.

We hard plumbed our equipment just for that very reason. Much safer over all.

Kim

Thank you, I saw your post and was thinking about asking him about hard plumbing. Well it is hard plumbed now. It came of once again and we were out. It drained it below the skimmer. The pump motor was not damaged. He just came and hard plumbed it and said to let it sit for 24 hours.
So we should be good. I wish they would have fixed the spring the right way. We still have to put in the french drain but the temporary trench is working.