Intex Wall Mount Surface Skimmer Issues

Jun 9, 2015
Navarre/FL
I finally figured out how to attach my fountain to the outlet port by ordering the deluxe maintenance kit which gave me port adapters. The kit also came with the Intex Wall Mount Surface Skimmer...which the installation video made look easy to install. Well the stupid bracket that came with it will not fit over the square metal wall structure my pool has so I had to use a zip-tie to attach it to the side of the pool. Now the skimmer bucket angles back (the top toward the wall, the bottom toward the inside of the pool).

It seems to be working just fine but is the entire skimmer bucket supposed to be submerged in water because the part furthest from the wall isn't?

Also, does anyone know of a way to attach the darn thing and make it sit upright if you can't use the bracket provided?

Thanks.

The grey part and the grey ring should be submerge two or three inches the blue part should be floating.

You can use a c-clamp to hold the darn thing to the pool also you can put a sock in the basket to improve filtration

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.