Can we take vacation a few days after we neutralize our water from an Acid Start up?

poolnorthernva

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 14, 2015
Leesburg, Va
So our timing is going to tight. Looking at factors to determine if we need to make special arrangements.

We have no clue what is involved(or how long) in getting the pool chemistry correct after our start up.

We have a vacation planned about 10 days after we do our acid start up. The plan is Monday apply quartz. We think it will take two days to fill. Then the PB applies the acid start up. We plan on brushing 4 times a day. So, one week later we are at Wednesday or Thursday. The PB adds the neutralizer. That gives us 2 days to balance the water. We go to the beach on Saturday. We think we can get some one responsible to brush twice a day for the 6 days we are away.

Our thoughts:
1) How difficult will it be to get the chemistry correct after the acid is neutralized? Will it require more monitoring over the days we are going to be away?

If this is a critical period (we have brushing covered) for chemistry we may just have one of us go to beach with kids and the other stays and monitors. We don't want to postpone the finish. August has a hectic work schedule.

Met with PB.

If we go with quartz tomorrow (they will prep the pool in the morning and then do a weather another weather check -we have been getting a lot of rain) then he will stop by mid week while we are away and test the water and apply chemicals as needed.

So the hope is an all included family vacation. Fingers crossed on the weather.

I'm sorry about your vacation plans. At this point, I imagine you guys could really use a get-away. Like you said, you need to take that weather window when it comes. You know it will all work out. It just may be a little different than you planned. I'm hoping the all included family vacation will happen. Everyone in the family needs it! Thank goodness your builder will help out while ya'll are gone - whenever that works out!

Fingers crossed for you guys!
Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.