Dang it! The New Pump Won't work either!!!!! WTH

Got everything hooked up, and the new pump does not turn on either. Even took the non working timer out of the equation too(worked with it hooked up to it before-just did not ever shut the pump off) by unhooking it and straight wiring to the pump wiring. I have power according to my power tester pen (light comes on and beeps at the pump on the wiring. Surely I don't have another bad pump??????:confused:

1. Be very careful.
2. If it is an outlet, plug a table light if you do not have a meter (can buy one for 20 bucks) and see if it works. An indicator is a) tells you if there is voltage but b) does not tell you if there is no connection on your neutral.
If your table light comes up full strength, you have power.

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!! Woot Woot (as my daughter says!) Checked out the new plug I had installed and it seems I had tightened the screw down on the neutral so hard I had broke it off. Now hopefully after running a while it doesn't throw the breaker like the other one. I need a cold one, a shower, and a blue pool (back to square one) in that order.:swim::swim::swim:

So Tested the water at home with my little kit (Pool master 5 way test kit) and my 3 different bottles of test strips. And all looked good to me. CC has been holding the whole time my pump was out. Neighbor rolled his eyes at me and said he used to service pools, "let me know if you need help with that" as he was of no help with the pump. He said, "What did you used LIQUID bleach (guess he has watched out the window.) So he made me doubt myself, and I took a sample to Leslies, here is what they got.
FC-6
CC-6 (0.2 Diff)
Salt-3100 (For the Solaxx SWG, and eventually the CircuPool)
CH-80
CYA-60
TA-100
PH-7.4
Copper-0
Iron-0
Phosphates-100

From my little kit this morning,
I got:
FC-3
CC-Over 5 (5 is as high as it goes)
PH-7.8
Acid Demand is telling me to add 3 pints MA
I don't use MA guys (afraid of it)
Conversion of dry is 60 ounces
It said that yesterday on the PH but I didn't believe the amount and added 12 ounces dry
That was an hour before I took the sample to Leslies
Any opinions out there (besides getting the TF-100)?

I noticed a lot of what I call silt in the bottom and settled on the steps, accumulating while the pump was out. My little robot can't keep up with that. Wouldn't vacuuming up all that and back washing help?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.