Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Skimmer [Floating] Weir

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Skimmer [Floating] Weir

Hello to all,

Our Hayward skimmer floating plates [or pool floating weirs] on one of the skimmers keeps coming off and out into the pool area. These do not have spring loaded hinges. They are installed by pushing in the circular hinges flush w the skimmer weir, then after placing the weir in the correct position of the skimmer inlet, you push out on the hinges and they go into the sm hole. Yuu then push-up on a piece of sliding plastic that is supposed to lock the hinge piece into the two sm holes into the skimmer body.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good make/model replacement that is either spring loaded or something that keeps the skimmer weir in place? Ours is a light tan color so I need to match the color too.

As usual, thank you very much for your help and advice,
    tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward Skimmer [Floating] Weir

All of the floating skimmers work the same, they occasionally fall out. The skimmer originally came with a weir plate. They can be purchased at a pool store or online

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Make sure there is not any cement or grout hindering the locking in place of the weir.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

4. Back To Top    #4

You can find many generic weir doors on amazon around 15 bucks.

measure yours for a replacement...I replaced mine with a spring loaded one and I think I did see them in tan color.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by borjis View Post
    You can find many generic weir doors on amazon around 15 bucks.

measure yours for a replacement...I replaced mine with a spring loaded one and I think I did see them in tan color.
    Thanks
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill