My readings

KING-OLE

LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2014
Houston, TX
Just opened up my SWG pool 2 weeks ago after it having been covered for about 9 months.

It looked good the first week but then began to turn green, so I shocked it about 3-4 days ago, which made the green go away again.

I just now tested the water with my test kit, and got the following numbers:

• FC = 2 ppm
  • CC = 0 ppm
  • TA = 150 ppm
  • CYA = 30
  • CH = 200 ppm
  • pH = 7.7

There are several values that I need to adjust.

Which order and with how much time apart would you recommend that I approach this?

Thanks,

Ole

Did you "shock" as a one-time blast, or did you do the whole SLAM process?

It makes a difference in what I'd recommend, so be honest. :mrgreen:

If it was SLAMmed and passed the OCLT, then raise CYA to 70 and possibly raise FC using bleach to about 5 so the SWG can catch up. The CYA is mildly acidic which will reduce pH and TA some, so everything else should be fine

If it wasn't SLAMmed, then it probably should be, even if it only takes a day to pass the overnight loss test. In which case, you want to lower the pH first and leave the CYA low until after it's done and hit the pool hard with bleach now. Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Thanks Richard.

I did not SLAM it - only shocked it.

Before your reply, I read up on the notes here, and got some stabilizer and liquid chlorine.

I've added both as well as cleaned the SWG cell in M.A. and set it to 100%.

Will test the numbers again tomorrow morning and see where it's at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.