Opening SWG Pool

A lot of rain and extenuating circumstances have caused me to just now be opening my pool. My salt is down to about 2000 with the dropper test kit. Chlorine is virtually nonexistent (nothing on either the quick test or the granule test). Should I just add salt and kick the SWG to its highest, or should I add chlorine to get going. I was a bit concerned about this line in the charts: "CH 0-300 (Don't add)". My PH seems fine at somewhere between 7.6 and 7.7. My TA is at 50. I need a new test kit, but since I haven't added any, I'm presuming my CYA is at or close to 0. My signature is not quite accurate. I just swapped out my broken pump for a Pentair variable speed.

Thanks--

Al

Your biggest problem is going to be in "assuming" on that cya level. Get some bleach in there pronto, get salt level to what the SWG requires, circulate 24 hours, kick in the swg. At least get a pool store test to get a best guess on that cya till you can get some refills, and dose it up to 60 at least for now. And pray you don't have an algae bloom!

Thanks! I've got my salt back up to 3800 (3500 is recommended on the SWG; so I'm going a little higher as recommended). Chlorine after 242 oz of 8.25% Chlorox is only at 0.5; so I'm going to add another bottle. Today I hope to get to the pool store with a sample to check the CYA.

--Al

Your biggest problem is going to be in "assuming" on that cya level. Get some bleach in there pronto, get salt level to what the SWG requires, circulate 24 hours, kick in the swg. At least get a pool store test to get a best guess on that cya till you can get some refills, and dose it up to 60 at least for now. And pray you don't have an algae bloom!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.