Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC loss after SLAM

1. Back To Top    #1

FC loss after SLAM

Just wondering about the rate of FC loss at higher FC levels, like following a SLAM (once all 3 tests have passed).

For instance, after my SLAM, FC fell from 20ppm to 15ppm in one day (even with SWG on at 65%). Should I expect a higher than usual loss when FC is at higher levels? It seems like the higher the FC, the larger ppm loss ina day. Once FC gets back down to the normal range for my pool (5-8), the loss isn't as noticeable.
    TF-100 Test kit, 24,000 gal. free form Vinyl. mybluepool AC-600 SWG, STA-RITE S7MD60 DE filter, 3/4 HP STA-RITE MPRA6D pump, Polaris 280 w/booster, Raypack Propane heater, Looplock mesh cover; All located in New England.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC loss after SLAM

Quote Originally Posted by run53 View Post
    Just wondering about the rate of FC loss at higher FC levels, like following a SLAM (once all 3 tests have passed).

For instance, after my SLAM, FC fell from 20ppm to 15ppm in one day (even with SWG on at 65%). Should I expect a higher than usual loss when FC is at higher levels? It seems like the higher the FC, the larger ppm loss ina day. Once FC gets back down to the normal range for my pool (5-8), the loss isn't as noticeable.
    Yes - you lose a percentage of your FC so a bigger loss is expected.
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

It seems like the higher the FC, the larger ppm loss ina day. Once FC gets back down to the normal range for my pool (5-8), the loss isn't as noticeable.
    Yes, generally speaking, it is a percentage.....just like ship of fools says above.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

ok thanks.....I thought so, but thanks for confirming. This explains the larger ppm drops I am seeing when the FC is higher.
    TF-100 Test kit, 24,000 gal. free form Vinyl. mybluepool AC-600 SWG, STA-RITE S7MD60 DE filter, 3/4 HP STA-RITE MPRA6D pump, Polaris 280 w/booster, Raypack Propane heater, Looplock mesh cover; All located in New England.