Hi all, Mark here and we just recently signed a contract on a new for us home that includes a pool. Have been reading through all the posts here, gone through pool school at least twice and have already gotten a Taylor K-2006 test kit. Great site for a newbie like me to figure out what is what.
What I know so far about the pool is in my sig. My question is that Monday is inspection day and there will be a pool inspection and what should I be asking about and checking out. What I have thought of so far:
1. Liner, was told just replaced, need to confirm and make sure solid installation. No wrinkles
2. What kind of filter, based on pictures looks like sand but need to confirm.
3. Check pressure, make sure valve operates correctly, back flush, rinse, etc.
4. Pump, what kind is it,age, size, etc. How does it operate, on/off, timer,what?
5. Returns, how many?
6, Skimmer anything to look at there?
7. All the gear is supposed to go with the pool, need to figure out what is there.
8. there is a slide and a diving board, anything I need to look at there?
What have I not thought about?
And I get it, will take pictures Monday and post.
Thanks again for such a great forum, I am already a lot more confident in maintaining the pool and understanding all the pieces and parts.