Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Great to be here!

1. Back To Top    #1

Lakewood, CA

Great to be here!

Hi all,

Thank goodness for Trouble Free Pool. First time pool owner, and very intimidated by it. For past 6 months, I've been leaving its care and maintenance completely to my pool guy, who although responsive to my questions, seems a little annoyed by them. Kind of like, "hey I'm the professional, sit back, relax and let me do my job!" I get that, so the last week or so (after taking my first swim in the pool on the 4th of July) I've been doing my online research to answer my own questions and figure out if I'm getting my money's worth.

I feel like I have a lot of elementary questions, but already from looking through the forum, I see this is a welcoming and patient bunch.

Here's a couple of pics of my pool and equipment (any feedback is greatly appreciated):

Roman in ground pool (16 x34, 20,400 gallons), cleaned professional every Tuesday, with a leaf skimmer, suction cleaner connected to skimmer via hose and brush. Pool pump is currently set for 6am-1pm daily. Pool is filled with a water hose two times/week for about 40 minutes (my understanding is filling pool isn't under restrictions by my city).

2. Back To Top    #2

Quinlan, tx

Re: Great to be here!

We welcome elementary questions. That's how we all learn

Lisa P.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    26,000 IG, pebble tec, flagstone, pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter & VS+SVRS 3hp multi-speed pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Booster Cleaner, spillover spa, waterfall, Taylor K-2006 testkit
    [It is better to know how to learn, than to know. - Dr. Seuss[/I]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Great to be here!

Welcome to TFP!

Here are some of my fave Pool School articles to get you started..
    TFPC for Beginners
    ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
    Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
    Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach