Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter end of life?

1. Back To Top    #1

Filter end of life?

I replaced our filter yesterday. I am trying to figure out if the old one is end of life , or if there is still some life left in it.

It is 3 years old and I've not tried to clean it yet. So here are some photos of it right out of the unit.

Thoughts?

............................................................ ........................
    Kayak Pool - 12 ft. x 24 ft. rectangular, 5˝ ft. deep end
    Frog System, Sta-Rite-Modular Media Cartridge Filter, Pentair 1 H.P. pump
    AquaPRO Pro500 heat pump & Automatic AutoGuard™ Pool safety cover
    ............................................................ ........................

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filter end of life?

Pics don't show up.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

That is weird... normally Taptalk is flawless with images... ok, let me try this the old fashion way:

Quote Originally Posted by cjd3060 View Post
    I replaced our filter yesterday. I am trying to figure out if the old one is end of life , or if there is still some life left in it.

It is 3 years old and I've not tried to clean it yet. So here are some photos of it right out of the unit.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Kayak Pool - 12 ft. x 24 ft. rectangular, 5˝ ft. deep end
    Frog System, Sta-Rite-Modular Media Cartridge Filter, Pentair 1 H.P. pump
    AquaPRO Pro500 heat pump & Automatic AutoGuard™ Pool safety cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Hose that thing off and get at least a couple more years out of it!!!
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

ask Carl...Watermom or mas... I couldn't tell if that was a filter

- - - Updated - - -

hey pooldv what kind of filter is that?
    13000 gallon fiberglass, cartridge filters pentair Intelliflo Variable speed Programmable Pump separate booster pump solar panels on roof

6. Back To Top    #6

Not sure. Some kind of cartridge filter that somebody dragged around behind a tractor!
    TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

lol time for a new one..even I wouldn't go that long
    13000 gallon fiberglass, cartridge filters pentair Intelliflo Variable speed Programmable Pump separate booster pump solar panels on roof

8. Back To Top    #8

That's the exact same filter I cleaned on a friends pool the other day. Can't remember the brand, cute little black r2d2 looking unit. Works very well in his rather dirty location. I was wondering how to acid clean such a beast.

Ryan
    41' x 16' x 5' IG, 25 000 gallon, cement, tile w/epoxy grout. Overflow/negative edge style. Pentair 4048 DE, Hayward 2 hp Single Speed, Pentair 320 Auto Chlorinator, 1.5 hp Blower f/Jacuzzi, TF-100, city/well (in pool) water option. Located in Panama.

9. Back To Top    #9

It is best not to acid clean filter cartridges unless there is calcium build up, but then only after it is very clean.

More on how to clean a filter cartridge here, Maintenance and Cleaning of Pool Filters and here, Re: How to clean a cartridge filter
    TFP Moderator