SWG Just Won't Produce Chlorine!

Jul 10, 2015
Blackstone, MA
Hi everyone, new to the board here.

Last summer we bought an Intex Klearwater Salt System and tried to use it all summer without producing chlorine once. We got all the other levels good - pH, alkalinity, stabilizer, salt, etc. and no matter how long we ran the SWG it never produced any FC.

We contacted the company and they sent us a new sensor component or whatever which we replaced this year and still nothing! We have an 18'X48" Intex.

Any ideas? Do we just have a faulty unit? Thanks so much for any advice!

Welcome to TFP.

How do you know it's not producing chlorine as opposed to the chlorine being consumed as soon as it's generated?

Can you post a set of test results and how you got them?
What does the water look like?

Thanks Bama! I guess I don't know that its not just being consumed as soon as it is generated, all I know is that the test strips always say 0, even when I test right after the generator ran.

I got the test results from a test strip so don't have exact numbers, just know that everything showed as in the ideal range.

A couple of thoughts:

From looking at pictures of that salt system, it looks like the cell is clear...can you see any air bubbles forming in the cell or coming out of the jet into the pool? These bubbles are chlorine gas, and if you aren't getting any, that could be a sign you aren't making any chlorine.

Definitely get a real test kit and stop using the strips...you're driving blind with those.

If you're in doubt, you need to be dosing with liquid until you're no longer in doubt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.