I have what either is dirt or algae on some of the floor of my pool. If you brush it or vacuum it, it dissipates. All my numbers are perfect, I have never let the chlorine go below what it should for my CYA (I even aim a little higher). My thermometer rope had a greenish hint to the top part (I had it hanging from the outside of my pool so I think that is why b/c the chlorine is not getting to that part). I have gotten a new rope, and I am fine with that. Otherwise my pool is crystal clear, and no other problems. Do I need to slam? I would think not, because everything is perfect, but I wanted to get your guys expert opinion on it.