Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bulk delivery of green water

1. Back To Top    #1

Bulk delivery of green water

Hello everyone.
    Just had my pool renovated with new plaster & tile. Pool guy called a local pool water company to fill & the water is bright green. I've learned from this site that there is metal in the water. I am concerned about this water being on my brand new wet plaster. Do you think I should require that the guy pump the water out & find some better water to put in?
    Any input would be greatly appreciated! I did a great job attaching the photo. My pool is awesome because the water stays in it when it's inverted.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bulk delivery of green water

Hi, welcome to TFP! Since one of the main reasons to have water delivered is to get metal free water I would ask if there is a metal free source available. Are you not able to fill the pool from your tap?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Has anything been added to this water that you know of, and what was the source? Normally, it won't turn green from metals until Free Chlorine is introduced. I'm not sure you have metals just yet, but do reply and let us know those answers.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Municipal source I imagine. Nothing has been added. First fill from a new plaster renovation. I'm going home to meet with the filler & renovator now.
    Thanks for your responses & I'll advise shortly.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here's how mine looked mid fill from the tap...it cleared up just fine, though the plaster company did add a sequestrant after it filled.

17.4k gallon IG pool with attached spa (spa itself is 730gal), Super Blue Diamondbrite plaster, Circupool SI-45+ SWG, BH/Hayward Cartridge Filter, 2hp 2speed Hayward Super II pump, , Jandy Valves, Waterway Skimmers, Rheem 400k Heater, Polaris 360 cleaner, built 2000+-, replastered June 2015, TF-100 kit---Here's my pool test reading history