Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward DE Pool Filter Pressure

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward DE Pool Filter Pressure

Hi all,

I recently have been trying to get my pool working after years of stagnation. I purchased a new Hayward 48sqft DE filter and installed it myself. When i flip the system on, i can immediately see the pressure rise to over 30lbs. This happened within 1 minute of turning the system on for the first time too. I also tried cleaning the grids, but the pressure continues to be the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward DE Pool Filter Pressure

We'll need more information about your pool set up, especially your pump. What filter did your remove in order to install this one?

Update your forum signature with as many details as possible, see mine for reference. Go to the Settings link on the upper right of the page, then Edit Signature on the left of the next page.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it circulating well to the pool?

Ryan
    41' x 16' x 5' IG, 25 000 gallon, cement, tile w/epoxy grout. Overflow/negative edge style. Pentair 4048 DE, Hayward 2 hp Single Speed, Pentair 320 Auto Chlorinator, 1.5 hp Blower f/Jacuzzi, TF-100, city/well (in pool) water option. Located in Panama.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Hi Jon. It really sounds like you installed the filter wrong. I don't mean to insult you. I just want to help. Perhaps you can double check your install instructions? You have 3 ports to plumb in and I once plumbed one in backwards and it did what yours is doing now

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Did you install a push pull or multiport valve. I agree, there may be a problem with plumbing connections. Check to make sure they are going to right place. Also with a 48, you need 6lbs of DE when you charge a clean filter.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com