Changing Laterals in an Intex Sand Filter.

domct203

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 3, 2015
CT
Over the Past week or so I've noticed sand in the bottom of the pool. I'm pretty sure it's filter sand, it's corse enough for me to pick up with my hand skimmer, and tends to collect against the wall opposite where my return jet is pointed.

Planning for the worst, I ordered a set of laterals from Intex. Well almost a set, the filter has 10, the Intex website would only let me buy 8? Well I figure they can't all be bad or there would be a lot more sand. At $1.50 each I figured "the more the merrier".

Any tips on dealing with the sand?

I'm guessing I can scoop it out by hand, until I can easily dump the sand out. I have a small tarp that's new in the package that I planned to layout to dump the sand out onto to keep it clean for reuse.

I think I will put a stocking over the return jet just to double check, but I'm 99% certain it's filter sand.

Dom

I put my sand in a wheelbarrow when I had to take it out. You can use a shop vac to get the sand out of the filter. Set the vac in the wheelbarrow so you do not have to bend over so much.

A stocking would help keep the sand right there so you can put it back in the filter.

Not fun! :(

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.